The bonsella shopper rewards programme (bonsella) is operated by Retail Engage, a subsidiary of 2Engage (Pty) Ltd. The following terms and conditions govern use of the “bonsella” system as well as participation in the bonsella shopper rewards program.
Retail Engage reserves the right to alter or change the “bonsella” shopping rewards program or to end it at any point, for any reason. In the event of program termination, bonsella rewards will no longer be delivered to mobile phones nor deposited in shopper wallets. Rewards already delivered as airtime or held in bonsella’s digital value infrastructure will not be affected.
You can opt-out of the bonsella shopper rewards program at any time by responding to the bonsella SMS communications with the word STOP or by contacting the bonsella Call Centre on 087 310 2871. If you opt out any bonsella account balance or airtime reward still to be awarded, will be voided.
Any misuse or abuse of the “bonsella” shopper rewards program could be a criminal offence and Retail Engage reserves the right to cancel a person’s participation and void all rewards from the account.
Your bonsella rewards card must be registered to you in-store when you sign up with the bonsella sales agent in order to receive bonsella rewards. If you provide incorrect or invalid mobile numbers and/or card numbers you will not be rewarded. The registered mobile number is the number that receives the rewards when you shop with your bonsella card and qualify for rewards.
By registering to the bonsella shopper rewards program, providing bonsella with your personal information, and agreeing to receive bonsella promotional communications, you give bonsella and Retail Engage and 2Engage, permission to communicate with you regarding all bonsella promotions and associated partner promotions, using the Retail Engage electronic or physical delivery infrastructure.
A valid South African mobile phone number is required for each “bonsella” shopper rewards member for all communications. No communication will be sent to non-mobile phone numbers, postal addresses or email addresses outside South Africa. Mobile phone numbers linked to a contract account with a network provider do not qualify and cannot receive rewards.
You may also be provided with additional opportunities to opt-in to extended offers provided by 2Engage (Pty) Ltd and/or its subsidiaries and/or its partners which may be conditional on you providing additional information about yourself.
Registering as a member of the bonsella shopper rewards program signifies your agreement to bonsella’s Terms and Conditions. 2Engage (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, its directors, employees, its organisers, promoters, partners or agencies do not bear any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death or asset damage howsoever arising from inclusion or participation in the bonsella shopper rewards program.
The bonsella shopper rewards program will at all times remain compliant to the Consumer Protection Act.
bonsella rewards associated to a lost/blocked/defaced card can be transferred to a new card. If rewards associated with a member have been used, switched or transferred for airtime before a card is blocked, they cannot be recovered. bonsella will not be liable for any loss of rewards.
If your card is lost or stolen please go to your nearest bonsella store and speak to a bonsella agent to assist you in signing up again.
An active member is defined as having received rewards within the last 60 days.
The value of first bonsella reward minimum varies per network provider. Depending on the network provider a minimum of either R1.00 or R2,00 must be earned and this value can be transferred to your phone as airtime.
Rewards can only be received when a registered bonsella member purchases qualifying products or carries out the qualifying actions of a non-product campaign or responds to an official bonsella communication sent to their phone, by scanning their registered bonsella card at an authorised store that operates the bonsella shopper rewards program. Bonsella rewards will be paid within 48 hours of the advertised products on promotion being purchased.
Promotion offers are valid for a limited period of time and may be “closed” at any time by bonsella for any reason. bonsella reserves the right to change offers at its discretion and without notice.
If bonsella experiences technical problems that are beyond our control, we will rectify the situation as soon as possible and will use our best efforts to keep you informed via our communication infrastructure. Any promotional rewards lost or not gained during said technical problem period will not be re-rewarded.
The value of bonsella rewards per promotion offer vary between products and stores. Bonsella will not be responsible for incorrect values published by stores or media. bonsella rewards will only be paid for one qualifying payment transaction per member within every 48-hour cycle, for an active promotion, or unless decided otherwise by Retail Engage.
A reward will be delivered multiple times for every qualifying instance within a transaction according to the active promotion rule.
A confirmation message may be sent to members once air time rewards are delivered to registered devices, confirming the value provided in the reward.
Bonsella reserves the right to terminate member subscriptions deemed to be inactive (i.e. no rewards earned) for 3 consecutive months in which case any unused rewards associated with terminated members may be forfeited.
Any value that may be accumulated in any digital infrastructure provided by bonsella now or in the future, will remain virtual and may only be used in one of the bonsella-approved ways. You may for example, “bonsella” a friend or family member by transferring airtime rewards to them, provided that bonsella has made the infrastructure available to do this, which we do at our discretion.
bonsella may offer opportunities to participate in lucky draw promotions for example, a weekly draw to win R1,000 worth of free airtime simply by scanning your bonsella card at any participating retailer.
bonsella may also, at its discretion, now and/or in the future, reward shoppers with other digital tokens of value from the broader 2Engage group. These rewards may include tokens for electricity, transport or events as examples.
As Retail Engage does not have any control of the retailers stocking behaviour, bonsella will not be liable for any out-of-stocks experienced by participating retailers, of the advertised products on promotion.
bonsella does not provide any guarantees or warranties with regards to its technical or digital infrastructure. We apply our best efforts at all times to ensure high levels of services internally and also by choosing the best service providers available.
bonsella may, in the future, establish relationships with external parties (“partners”) for the express purpose of creating, earning or using bonsella rewards. In order to achieve this, some of your personal details may be passed onto these partners. bonsella values your privacy and will not pass on any information unless it is absolutely necessary to enable these partners to provide value aligned to the bonsella rewards program.
Registration for partner services may require members to be contacted by the partner to complete registration.
bonsella reserves the right to discontinue use of the currently issued cards and to swap-out issued cards at any time for cards that are branded or enabled by our partners.
bonsella members using mobile phones with post-paid contracts are not excluded from the bonsella program however rewards earned will be pushed to members phone. Bonsella cannot be held responsible for members not receiving airtime rewards should their contract or network provider not facilitate the receipt of said rewards through the bonsella rewards push process.
Tavern Rewards Terms and Conditions
The bonsella® Tavern Rewards Program forms part of the bonsella® Shopper Rewards Program (bonsella) and is operated by Retail Engage, a subsidiary of 2Engage (Pty) Ltd. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the bonsella® Shopper Rewards Program terms and conditions, and jointly govern the use of the bonsella® System as well as participation in the bonsella® Tavern Rewards Program.
The bonsella® Tavern Rewards Program is open to all persons over the age of 18 years who are South African residents.
bonsella® promotions or competitions may exclude any staff, employees or agents of Retail Engage or Tavern owners and their staff, including their immediate families, their partners, agencies, associated companies, details of which will be outlined in relevant promotion or competition rules.
Retail Engage reserves the right to change the rules of any promotion or competition at any time, or to end it any point, for any reason.
Members may access the bonsella® free Wi-Fi services in participating Taverns and/ or receive free airtime rewards provided by Retail Engage, when participating in certain promotions as advertised in Tavern. To receive such rewards, participants are required to:
- Sign-up to the bonsella® rewards program and receive a free bonsella® card
- Purchase qualifying promotional products
- Scan their valid bonsella® card prior to completion of purchase
Members must adhere to all requirements as outlined in the program, promotion or competition terms and conditions in order to qualify for rewards.
Limits may apply to the number of promotional products a member may be rewarded for and / or competition entries a member may qualify for per day.
Promotional products, sizes and quantities are subject to availability at the participating Tavern and cannot be guaranteed.
Rewards cannot be transferred nor exchanged for their cash value, and the free Wi-Fi must be redeemed on the date of issue. Free Wi-Fi is limited to 200MB per member per day.
In the event of a dispute, Retail Engage’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Retail Engage may release media announcements /publications of the names or photographs of any competition winner/s. Retail Engage reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any winner/s to verify their eligibility.
All members and winners indemnify Retail Engage, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever related to their participation in any way in the bonsella® tavern rewards program.
BONSELLA® RESPONSIBLE DRINKING DISCLAIMER
bonsella® supports enjoying life strictly within the limits of the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages and in moderation. We do not support underage drinking, excessive drinking, binge drinking or any other unsafe drinking behaviour. We do not, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for any damages that result to any member or anyone else due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages or the use of the bonsella® tavern rewards program. Always drink responsibly.
Standard competition Terms and Conditions
- One national winner will be contacted by bonsella® head office within 14 days from close of competition.
- By participating in bonsella® activations and competitions you automatically provide bonsella ®the right to take your picture. bonsella will retain these pictures as they are archived for referencing purposes. The organisation may, at its sole discretion, decide to use any picture in the public domain, for the purpose of promoting bonsella®.
- Customer will forfeit prize if uncontactable within 48 hours. A new winner will be selected and contacted. This will continue until a winner is reached.
- Competition excludes all Checksave and Checkme stores.
Competition Rules to stand a chance of winning a total of 1 of 10 grocery shopping vouchers each month for three months valued at R2500 each, with a grand prize of R25 000 cash at the end of the competition.
Welcome to the competition (the “competition”) conducted by Retail Engage (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”). These rules are the official rules of the competition (“rules”). These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the competition website or (at Promoter’s sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
1. The competition is conducted by Promoter.
2. No person who is a director, employee, sponsor or agent of or consultant to Promoter or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to Promoter is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
1. The competition runs from 10 June 2020 to 9 September 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
2. To enter customers must
– be a bonsella member and hold a valid bonsella card linked to their cell phone number
– purchase qualifying products, in the correct quantities
– swipe their bonsella card before purchasing the items
4. A person may enter as many times as they like.
5. The winner will be randomly chosen via a certified method of selection.
6. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed, or damaged in transmission.
7. Entries reflected on Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and
will be the only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by Promoter no later than 18h00 9 July, 9 August, and 9 September 2020
1. The prizes will consist 30 grocery vouchers valued at R2500 and 1 grand prize of R25 000 cash
2. The competition draw will take place 15 July, 15 August, and 15 September 2020 where 10 vouchers will be awarded for each month.
3. Prizes will be given away within 2 weeks of the competition draw taking place, subject to winner’s availability.
4. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash
5. In the event of the Promoter not being able to contact the finalists the Promoter reserves the right to draw again.
6. Promoter is not responsible for any damaged prize items after signature of receipt.
7. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions that the prize winner must comply with.
Prize winner selection
1. The prize winners will be the first ten entries per month, drawn by lot or chance by the judges.
2. The prize winners will be notified by telephone and the prize winners’ names will be published on the bonsella Facebook page
3. Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this competition. The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this competition.
4. Participants and winner(s) absolve the Promoter, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from willful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
2. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
3. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
4. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
5. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
6. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
7. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements. 8. These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the promoter’s discretion